- 4-5 Green tomatoes, cored and diced
- 4 Apples, cored and diced
- 1 Onion
- 1/4 cup Apple Juice
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Brown rice syrup
- 1 inch ginger root, minced
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp crushed coriander seeds
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 small dried chilli pepper, crushed (Green jalepeno preferred)
- 2 tsp ground tumeric
- 1 can cannellini beans (500gm), drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 can chickpeas (500gm), drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Asiago cheese
- 1 can refried beans (500gm)
- 6 large flour tortillas
How to put it all together
Preheat oven to 375F.
In a large pot, combine tomatoes, apples, onions, and apple juice. Cover and bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer. Remove lid after 5 minutes and simmer for a further 25 minutes or until mixture is soft, thick and reduced to 6 cups.
Stir in vinegar, brown rice syrup, ginger, spices, and chilli pepper. Simmer for another 10 minutes, season to taste with salt and vinegar.
In a medium bowl combine beans, garlic, and cheese.
Spread refried beans evenly over each tortilla, within one inch of the edges.
Mound bean mixture down the centre of each tortilla, fold bottom and top in, then sides. Please seamside down on a prepared baking dish, cover and bake for 15-20 minutes.
Serve with salsa, and for extra awesomeness add sour cream.
Shared by Jen Rae